As shown previously, Christian Friedrick Martin Bringe and his wife, Marie Hahn Bringe, arrived in the U. S. with his children Joh., Friedr. Ernst, Carl, Anna, Martin, and Albert, on the ship Moravia, on 14 November 1884 from Germany.
As has been shown in previous posts, Friedrick and Marie (Hahn) had the following children: Frederich C. (born 1873), Anna Maria (born 6 September 1878), Martin Friedrich Wilhelm (born 20 October 1880), Ernest H. (born 22 December 1875), Carl Friederich (born 6 September 1878), and Albert Henry (born 2 June 1883).
Recently found are some diaries that belonged to Albert Henry Bringe. As discovered in the diaries, he worked in various states, and in Canada, in the early 1900’s, as a person who dug oil wells. The diaries are shedding some light as to his travels and the process of digging an oil well!
Here are a few scans from the 1905 diary.
What is now known:
1. J. F. Bringe was living in Toledo, Ohio – phone was No. 2002
2. J. F. Bringe lived at 719 Adams Street, Toledo, Ohio
3. Mattie Sturm was living in Caldwell, Kansas
4. Albert was in Martin, Ohio, 10 February 1905. On this date, he left Martin, probably for Cleveland,
Oklahoma. He left Cleveland on 4 April 1905. He left Martin, Ohio, again on 31 April 1905
5. In September and October 1905, Albert was working for Mr. Conne??
6. In October and November 1905, Albert was working for Dr. McKenze
7. Albert traveled from Cleveland to St. Louis, and then from St. Louis to Cleveland and to Oklahoma
8. At some time, Albert probably traveled from Kansas City, V. D. to St. Louis, Missouri
As usual, as more information is being found, more questions are raised as well!
1. Who was J. F. Bringe?
2. Who were the people who Albert worked for in September through November 1905? Where was this?
3. Did Albert work for a Mr. E. A. Moore in Bannister, Michigan?
4. Who and where was Mrs. Lou Cummings in Nashville, I. T.?
5. Who was Mr. Sanh C. Danklefoan in Latty, Ohio (Paulding County, R. F. D. No. 3)?
6. What does “Kansas City, V. D.” mean?
This is it for now. More in Bringe-23.
PS I am thinking that I. T. means Indiana Territory. Any other ideas?
Also, the half-brother of Albert, John T. Bringe, lived at 726 Collinwood Ave., Toledo, Ohio, in 1900 and 1910. At this time, I am not aware of another J. Bringe that lived in Toledo, Ohio, in about 1905.